Saying "NO"

1:14 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
Ah, another Ethan-ism:
We've been trying to help Ethan learn not to say 'no' when we ask him to do something (e.i. pick up toys, come and eat, stop laying on sister etc.) So when he says 'no', we say to him, "Ethan, you say 'Ok Mommy' and then he'll say "Ok mommy" and do exactly what we ask him. It's worked like a charm until a few days ago. Here's how it went:
Ethan: mommy, I want a popcycle
Me: No, not until you finish lunch
Ethan: (walks right up and stands right in front of me) No mommy, you say "OK Ethan!"

Little smarty pants!
I love this kid!

3 comments:

Mary said...

You got to love it when something you are trying to teach your kids come back to bite you in the butt. I don't know how many times this has happened to me. : )

Danielle Little said...

Hi Rachel,

I saw your blog address on your facebook and hope you don't mind that I added it to mine to follow. I am a blog addict! :) Your family is so cute!! I love your pics!!!

Becky said...

lol... too cute... one of those, kids say the darndest things? He is a little smarty isn't he? :)

About Me

Frost Family Faces
View my complete profile