Ethan's BIG 4 Birthday
4:00 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Ethan turned 4. I can't believe it! My baby is 4! People always tell me that the time will go fast, but when they are newborn, 4 seems a long way off. Well, POOF! it's here.
Here are some pictures from Ethan's birthday party and fun stuff we did that day. Grandma and Grandpa Frost were able to come down, it was Grandpa Frost's spring break so they decided to come and find the sun, which they did. It was awesome weather.
First, Ethan opened the present from Grandma and Grandpa Frost. He was really excited, and of course Ella had to get in on it.
Oh boy! It's a big one!
Of course sister has to get in on the fun.
It's a giant alphabet floor puzzle!! He loved it!
And of course he had to dump the entire thing out on the floor.
Charles, Ethan and Grandpa went to get balloons and ice and drinks for the party. For the party, we went to the park that is by our house and just played. We invited a few kids from the neighborhood, and of course the cousins. It was a lot of fun.
And of course, Ethan found the water first thing. I wasn't planning on the splash pad being open until May, but I was wrong. Ethan and Ella went in head first.

Ethan loves balloons, so I thought we could have balloons tied to candy bars and have them serve a double purpose as decoration and favors. Then Charles came up with the idea of tying them to the little people's house we have and making it an UP theme. SO CUTE!! Lots of balloons, and a party I've done actually has a theme. (those that really know me are probably REALLY shocked!)
The cake...or more like cupcake-cake. It was the easiest thing for serving and cleanup purposes. I don't think Ethan cared. He was just excited to blow out candles.

and here he is. No shirt, because it's drying in the sun, that is also where Ella's clothes are...drying in the sun. Wasn't expecting them to get wet so didn't bring extra clothes
Chowing down on cake!
After the party, we wanted to go to dinner and settled on The Pasta Factory. Mmmmm, I love it! But, I love it more when my kids are happy. Ethan was just plain DONE by the time we got there, so dinner wasn't relaxing, but we got through it. Memo to self: next year, get something good for the adults, then take the kids to McDonalds. But...we got some good pictures anyway...
Cheese! Yeah, Ethan's just about done.

A picture with Grandma and Grandpa Frost...
Dinner for the kids ended really fast, so I took them 'the long way' to the car and we walked through the central plaza of Ancestor Square. The kids loved the water, and I loved the scenery. Here are a couple of pictures from being outside...
Handsome 4 year old!

Sweet girl!
My Babies!
After dinner, we went home and decided to let Ethan blow out his candles one more time. After all, it's only your birthday once a year! I think last year we re-lit them 4 or 5 times and let him blow them out. He loved it.
Make a wish!

And blow!
Yay! He got them all!

I love the way Ella eats cupcakes. She literally stuffs it in her mouth until it's gone. So funny.
The next day, Charles and Grandpa Frost played chess all morning while Grandma Frost and I took the kids around the neighborhood. We were having a neighborhood yardsale. I found a couple of cute shelves and Grandma found a bag.
Then it was time for them to go home.

Ella is playing chess...guess whose winning! Who knew I had a genius daughter.

One last good-bye picture. We have lots of fun when Grandma and Grandpa come and visit! Thanks for coming.
Happy birthday Ethan. No matter how old you get, you'll always be my baby!
Here are some pictures from Ethan's birthday party and fun stuff we did that day. Grandma and Grandpa Frost were able to come down, it was Grandpa Frost's spring break so they decided to come and find the sun, which they did. It was awesome weather.
First, Ethan opened the present from Grandma and Grandpa Frost. He was really excited, and of course Ella had to get in on it.
Charles, Ethan and Grandpa went to get balloons and ice and drinks for the party. For the party, we went to the park that is by our house and just played. We invited a few kids from the neighborhood, and of course the cousins. It was a lot of fun.
Ethan loves balloons, so I thought we could have balloons tied to candy bars and have them serve a double purpose as decoration and favors. Then Charles came up with the idea of tying them to the little people's house we have and making it an UP theme. SO CUTE!! Lots of balloons, and a party I've done actually has a theme. (those that really know me are probably REALLY shocked!)
and here he is. No shirt, because it's drying in the sun, that is also where Ella's clothes are...drying in the sun. Wasn't expecting them to get wet so didn't bring extra clothes
After the party, we wanted to go to dinner and settled on The Pasta Factory. Mmmmm, I love it! But, I love it more when my kids are happy. Ethan was just plain DONE by the time we got there, so dinner wasn't relaxing, but we got through it. Memo to self: next year, get something good for the adults, then take the kids to McDonalds. But...we got some good pictures anyway...
A picture with Grandma and Grandpa Frost...
Dinner for the kids ended really fast, so I took them 'the long way' to the car and we walked through the central plaza of Ancestor Square. The kids loved the water, and I loved the scenery. Here are a couple of pictures from being outside...
Sweet girl!
After dinner, we went home and decided to let Ethan blow out his candles one more time. After all, it's only your birthday once a year! I think last year we re-lit them 4 or 5 times and let him blow them out. He loved it.
And blow!
The next day, Charles and Grandpa Frost played chess all morning while Grandma Frost and I took the kids around the neighborhood. We were having a neighborhood yardsale. I found a couple of cute shelves and Grandma found a bag.
Then it was time for them to go home.
Ella is playing chess...guess whose winning! Who knew I had a genius daughter.
One last good-bye picture. We have lots of fun when Grandma and Grandpa come and visit! Thanks for coming.
Happy birthday Ethan. No matter how old you get, you'll always be my baby!






0 comments:
Post a Comment