Grandpa Lane's Funeral
2:04 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Charles' Grandpa passed away at the beginning of August. He had had a long and painful 3 years suffering from shingles all up and down his left arm that had gone down to the nerves, plus numerous other things so when we got the news, the thoughts that came were 'he's finally out of pain!'. Grandpa lane was an amazing man and as I sat in his funeral and heard all of the extraordinary things he did in his life, (there was an emeritus general authority there on assignment from Pres. Monson, who said he wished he could have been there) I wish I could have known him longer to hear some of the stories he had to tell. They would have been amazing!
Just as a side note, the first time I met Grandpa Lane was a big shock. I had gone up to see Charles at his family reunion when we were first 'interested' in each other. While we were up there, we officially decided to start dating, so when I actually met Grandpa, we had been officially dating for all of 2 hours. When he got there, he got out of his car, walked over to me, grabbed my hand and said, "I new it, the moment I saw you. You're going to be the one Charles is going to marry". Seriously, how do you respond to that! He wouldn't be deterred either! Charles, Anita (Charles' sister) and Dave (his brother-in-law) all tried to get his attention away from me and on a different subject but he wouldn't have it. He sat there chatting with me for a bout 5 min. and I don't even remember the conversation. But, his words proved prophetic. I did marry Charles, and it's the best decision I've ever made in my life! Thanks for giving us a nudge in the right direction Grandpa!
Ethan and Ella did surprisingly well the day of the funeral. There were a few little outbursts during the funeral, but other than that, they did really well.

The family at the viewing before the funeral
Grandma Lane. She has a lot of support from her neighborhood

Charles was one of the Pallbearers...



It was a wonderful funeral for a man that had a wonderful family, a wonderful wife and a full and productive life. We'll miss you Grandpa!
Random picture...This Grandpa and Grandma Lane when Ethan was about 2, so about 2 years ago.
Just as a side note, the first time I met Grandpa Lane was a big shock. I had gone up to see Charles at his family reunion when we were first 'interested' in each other. While we were up there, we officially decided to start dating, so when I actually met Grandpa, we had been officially dating for all of 2 hours. When he got there, he got out of his car, walked over to me, grabbed my hand and said, "I new it, the moment I saw you. You're going to be the one Charles is going to marry". Seriously, how do you respond to that! He wouldn't be deterred either! Charles, Anita (Charles' sister) and Dave (his brother-in-law) all tried to get his attention away from me and on a different subject but he wouldn't have it. He sat there chatting with me for a bout 5 min. and I don't even remember the conversation. But, his words proved prophetic. I did marry Charles, and it's the best decision I've ever made in my life! Thanks for giving us a nudge in the right direction Grandpa!
Charles was one of the Pallbearers...
It was a wonderful funeral for a man that had a wonderful family, a wonderful wife and a full and productive life. We'll miss you Grandpa!






0 comments:
Post a Comment