Swimming pools and Curls

12:26 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Random title for a some random pictures.

My brother and sister-in-law and their two kids came down to run in the Swiss Days 5K the last weekend of September. While we were all over at my mom's house, Max and Ethan wanted to go swimming. We set up the pool under the slide, then put the hose on the slide. They had a ball! Ever since Ethan started going to Pre-school, he never wants to play by himself, so when someone plays with him he has 10 times more fun. They played outside for a couple of hours! Elora joined them for a little while, but the boys held out a lot longer!


Two cute boys...Max and Ethan!


Max going down the slide...

Ethan going down the slide!


Now for the "Curls" part...

I was at my mom's house talking to my sisters-in-law and the subject came up about curlers. I've always wondered if Ella's hair would hold a curl, but never tried it. Then my mom reminded us of a couple of girls camps ago that was pioneer themed and some of the wards tied up their hair in rags to make it curl, like the pioneers did. So, with the help of Kylie, and Charity, Jan and I tied up Jaci and Ella's hair in rags to see if it would curl.
As you'll see in the pictures, it did! I didn't get any pictures of Jaci's final product, but according to Jan, they were really tight curls and it turned into an afro! Jaci cried when she saw it and said "I no like! I no like!" Ella on the other hand produced some really pretty and cute curls. I've got big ideas with this now, but I think I'll go get some actual curlers, they will be easier to put in!



Ella with her hair tied up in rags...


Ella and Jaci with their hair tied up!


The back shot.

The next morning when I took them out...

Look how tight they are! The pioneers knew what they were doing!

The final product. Oodles of Curls!



Beautiful curls, and they stayed in like that all day, even after her nap! They only came out when Ethan sprayed her with the hose later that afternoon.

And this shot...she is actually in big trouble, and she knows it! She got into her cousin's room, got his highlighter, and colored not only all over herself (hands, arms and legs as well as face) but colored all over Gavin's dresser too! Right before this, and right after this, her face was very much in "sad mode" but she smiled just for this picture. She even used the highlighter it as 'lipstick'!

0 comments:

About Me

Frost Family Faces
View my complete profile