Ariana's Blessing part I
10:57 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
The weekend of the 6th we blessed Ariana. Charles' family came down from Salt Lake and wanted to go to Zion's National Park, so on Saturday we made plans to head up for some hiking. The weather was perfect. I've never been to Zion's during any other season other than Summer, and have never hiked any other hike, except for The Narrows, so I was excited to some so extra exploring too. This post will be focusing exlusivly on Zion's, so look for the actual Blessing Day activities in the next post. The pictures will tell all about the fun we had!
Waiting for at our rendezvous point so we could all go into the park together.
Emerald Pools...
The first hike we went on was Emerald Pools. It was fairly easy, but it inclined the whole way. I was carrying Ariana for this one, so was going a little slow, but the end result was all worth it. It was a beautiful hike.
We are getting ready to go on the hike...
Charles took this looking back down the trail, on the way up the trail. It's Becky and Ella. What a beautiful view of the mountains!
The upper Emerald Pools empties into the lower Emerald Pools, and creates a beautiful waterfall in the process...

The trail passes right under the falls. Here is Ethan absolutely loving standing right underneath the waterfall...
he loves to see water fall...
A wider shot of the falls. There was still huge chunks of snow underneath...
At the end of the hike. Ariana loved her first hike... and Daddy carried her for the rest of them.
Weeping Rock
As I was starting this hike, I looked up toward the end and saw a small little waterfall coming out of the rock. I thought "Is this it?, this little water fall is Weeping Rock". Boy was I wrong! It was absolutely beautiful!

The view from weeping rock. The camera didn't pick it up very well, but the water drips like rain right in front...
Charles is protecting Ariana from the dripping water with his hat.
The water fall I saw at the beginning of the hike was beautiful up close..
...and there was a snow pack right underneath it...

Grandpa Frost helping Ella see the snow...

Some of the cousins...
A family picture...

This is a better shot of the water coming off the rock...
This part of the rock had a ton of moss and ferns and other plant life growing on it...
He stopped and threw rocks in the little river of run-off water...
The Narrows
Our last stop was The Narrows. As we got into the shade of the canyon, it got cold. But the hike was even more beautiful than I remember it. The water was really green and there were snow patches on the canyon walls, and some still on the trail.
I don't remember seeing this water fall when we've come in the past, plus the snow made it really cool...
Ethan and Tyson throwing rocks in the river...

I really am happy, even though I look weird...
Ethan loves to hike!!

Here's some snow that is still on the trail...
Ella and I got ahead of the group. Ella took her own sweet time picking up sticks, and playing with the sand...she was in heaven!
The rest of the group looking at some run-off...
This was so cool... people have started building...I guess 'monuments' would be the right word. It was so cool to come around the bend and see the end of the trail, and all these monuments. Almost like people standing there. It's hard to explain, but it took my breath away.
I never fully appreciated the different colors of rocks until I saw this one...
and this one is so cool. It must have taken the people a long time to balance it just right...
Ella loved throwing rocks in the water. But then she fell and hurt her hands. Her hands were so cold that it hurt worse than normal and so we started back. She insised on being carried so i carried her the first half and Mindi volunteered for the second half. She fell asleep on the way.
Ethan throwing some rocks in the water.
We have a wonderful time at Zion's and now I can't wait to go back! It was so beautiful.
Emerald Pools...
The first hike we went on was Emerald Pools. It was fairly easy, but it inclined the whole way. I was carrying Ariana for this one, so was going a little slow, but the end result was all worth it. It was a beautiful hike.
The trail passes right under the falls. Here is Ethan absolutely loving standing right underneath the waterfall...
Weeping Rock
As I was starting this hike, I looked up toward the end and saw a small little waterfall coming out of the rock. I thought "Is this it?, this little water fall is Weeping Rock". Boy was I wrong! It was absolutely beautiful!
The view from weeping rock. The camera didn't pick it up very well, but the water drips like rain right in front...
Grandpa Frost helping Ella see the snow...
Some of the cousins...
This is a better shot of the water coming off the rock...
The Narrows
Our last stop was The Narrows. As we got into the shade of the canyon, it got cold. But the hike was even more beautiful than I remember it. The water was really green and there were snow patches on the canyon walls, and some still on the trail.
I really am happy, even though I look weird...
Here's some snow that is still on the trail...
We have a wonderful time at Zion's and now I can't wait to go back! It was so beautiful.






0 comments:
Post a Comment