Change...
11:37 AM Edit This 4 Comments »
Anyone who knows me knows I don't do well with change. I get that from my mom...who got it from her dad. I like things constant, and normal. Sure a few surprises here and there are fine, but not like the month and a half I've had.
Here's the skinny...
Beginning of July, Charles gets a call that a company he applied for wants to interview him. He goes up and interviews then comes home. Interview went great, we wait a couple of days, then call them. (I'm ready to go out and get boxes. This just feels like the job we've been looking for, so I'm psyching myself up) They say they've re-opened the position. Well, we didn't take that as a good sign, so we assumed he didn't get the job. Life goes back to normal, I just decide to settle back in and figure that we'll try again next summer. I'm fine with that. I've got awesome friends on my street, my family just across town, I love where I'm at! So, I deep clean my house for our 6 month inspection, reorganize everything, throw tons of stuff away, it felt so good to have it done! The day of the inspection, was fine, I wasn't even home. The next day, totally exhausted from all this cleaning, Charles calls me and tells me to sit down. He got a job offer from NBS. In my heart, I knew we were going to accept it. I started crying! Change was coming. We went to the temple the next day and both felt good about this move. So the work began. But first, we had to tell my parents. Tears... lots of them! Then we went camping at Bryce Canyon with my family. Didn't tell them yet because we hadn't gotten to official offer from the HR department. The next week, we finally got the official phone call from the HR person (who had been on vacation for 2 weeks) and we officially accepted to offer. Now was the time to tell the family. Tears...lots of tears! Then I told my awesome neighbors...more tears!
Now we start packing. And my life get's turned upside down.
I also start looking for housing. Not fun. We have a limited budget, and certain type of space we need, but I certainly don't want ghetto. I looked and looked, and called and looked for two weeks. (Lots of tears here too) until I found an ad on line, and had Anita look at it, voila! Housing...finally.
Things started coming together, except on thing...I'm not feeling so good. And it gets worse. I have no energy. I'm late...yup, pregnant. I find out (more like figure out) I'm PREGNANT! I've all the rotten timing! I have a 7 month old who will ONLY nurse, a house to pack up, clean and and entire new life to get used to, and now I'm PREGNANT! I don't have a doctor for me, or for the kids. I'm starting all over.
Suddenly, I have a whole new appreciation for the pioneers.
Well, with a lot more tears, ( a whole lot!) the house got packed (my mom did most of it!) and cleaned (thanks to some awesome neighbors) and we started on this adventure.
I sobbed when I locked up my house for the last time. I've loved living there for that last 4 1/2 years. Lots of memories.
I Drive up to Salt Lake. I'm by myself, and I cry most of the way. I already miss my family, and friends and the normalcy of life.
So... after living with my in-laws for 4 days until our new place is ready, we move into our new house. Ethan starts school. Charles starts work.
Then, to add salt to the wound, or insult to injury, whatever way you look at it, we come downstairs one morning and find Ella, sitting on the floor with scissors in her hand and hair all over the floor. She had given herself a haircut.
So, now she has a new do. My heart hurts every time I look at her. Yeah she's still cute! But I loved her long hair. I know, I know, It'll grow back...BLAH!
Things are finally settling down a little bit as we settle in. (except for my stomach! (BLAH!)
We have friendly neighbors, a nice ward and great weather (right now anyway).
I've seen the Lord's hand every step of the way. He's blessed us, and has comforted me in this my new trial.
I have a much greater respect for the pioneers. At least we had a job, and a place to live after we relocated.
Here's the skinny...
Beginning of July, Charles gets a call that a company he applied for wants to interview him. He goes up and interviews then comes home. Interview went great, we wait a couple of days, then call them. (I'm ready to go out and get boxes. This just feels like the job we've been looking for, so I'm psyching myself up) They say they've re-opened the position. Well, we didn't take that as a good sign, so we assumed he didn't get the job. Life goes back to normal, I just decide to settle back in and figure that we'll try again next summer. I'm fine with that. I've got awesome friends on my street, my family just across town, I love where I'm at! So, I deep clean my house for our 6 month inspection, reorganize everything, throw tons of stuff away, it felt so good to have it done! The day of the inspection, was fine, I wasn't even home. The next day, totally exhausted from all this cleaning, Charles calls me and tells me to sit down. He got a job offer from NBS. In my heart, I knew we were going to accept it. I started crying! Change was coming. We went to the temple the next day and both felt good about this move. So the work began. But first, we had to tell my parents. Tears... lots of them! Then we went camping at Bryce Canyon with my family. Didn't tell them yet because we hadn't gotten to official offer from the HR department. The next week, we finally got the official phone call from the HR person (who had been on vacation for 2 weeks) and we officially accepted to offer. Now was the time to tell the family. Tears...lots of tears! Then I told my awesome neighbors...more tears!
Now we start packing. And my life get's turned upside down.
I also start looking for housing. Not fun. We have a limited budget, and certain type of space we need, but I certainly don't want ghetto. I looked and looked, and called and looked for two weeks. (Lots of tears here too) until I found an ad on line, and had Anita look at it, voila! Housing...finally.
Things started coming together, except on thing...I'm not feeling so good. And it gets worse. I have no energy. I'm late...yup, pregnant. I find out (more like figure out) I'm PREGNANT! I've all the rotten timing! I have a 7 month old who will ONLY nurse, a house to pack up, clean and and entire new life to get used to, and now I'm PREGNANT! I don't have a doctor for me, or for the kids. I'm starting all over.
Suddenly, I have a whole new appreciation for the pioneers.
Well, with a lot more tears, ( a whole lot!) the house got packed (my mom did most of it!) and cleaned (thanks to some awesome neighbors) and we started on this adventure.
I sobbed when I locked up my house for the last time. I've loved living there for that last 4 1/2 years. Lots of memories.
I Drive up to Salt Lake. I'm by myself, and I cry most of the way. I already miss my family, and friends and the normalcy of life.
So... after living with my in-laws for 4 days until our new place is ready, we move into our new house. Ethan starts school. Charles starts work.
Then, to add salt to the wound, or insult to injury, whatever way you look at it, we come downstairs one morning and find Ella, sitting on the floor with scissors in her hand and hair all over the floor. She had given herself a haircut.
So, now she has a new do. My heart hurts every time I look at her. Yeah she's still cute! But I loved her long hair. I know, I know, It'll grow back...BLAH!
Things are finally settling down a little bit as we settle in. (except for my stomach! (BLAH!)
We have friendly neighbors, a nice ward and great weather (right now anyway).
I've seen the Lord's hand every step of the way. He's blessed us, and has comforted me in this my new trial.
I have a much greater respect for the pioneers. At least we had a job, and a place to live after we relocated.






4 comments:
What the what?!?! I feel for you! Moving is tough, but add in being pregnant and nursing at the same time?!?! You are amazing.
We just moved to Las Vegas and I totally understand how you are feeling with all the change (except I'm not pregnant, thank goodness). You are super woman. Good luck in the big city.
Wow! I was excited to read about the move, then the whole pregnant thing threw me for a loop but I'm super excited for you guys! Also, I know change and moving is hard. I had such a hard time when we had to move north last year but now that we are back home there are things I totally miss about being up there. Sounds like everything has worked out just right for you and you will have tons of new, awesome experiences!
Wow! What a whirlwind! We are so excited for your new job, and new house, and upcoming new baby!! Congratulations!
Ella's hair turned out cute. I can only imagine the surprise and shock you felt when you found her! Maybe she will grow up to be a hair stylist...
Post a Comment