What's your name?
8:46 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
So for the past couple of days I've been trying to teach Ethan to answer the question "What's your name?". He won't answer it. I didn't realize this was an issue until he was playing outside and a little boy from up the street stopped his bike and asked his name. Ethan (who was playing in the rocks) said "Rock!". The little boy said "No, what's your name?" to which Ethan replied "Rock!". After a few more tries, the little boy gave up and rode away. Now, Ethan can answer the question "How old are you?" with a resounding THREE!! while holding up three fingers, he can also answer questions like "what do you want for lunch?" or "What cereal do you want?" but this name thing is completely escaping him. Here is how it usually goes.
Mom: What's your name?
Ethan: Car! (or whatever toy he's playing with)
Mom: Ethan
Ethan: WHAT!?!
Mom: No, Ethan, what's your name?
Ethan: Bath!
Mom: Ethan
Ethan: WHAT!?! (now with more frustration)
It reminds me of the "Who's On First" scene.
Anyway, I think one day he'll get it, but for right now, I just laugh when he says "What!?!" to me.
Mom: What's your name?
Ethan: Car! (or whatever toy he's playing with)
Mom: Ethan
Ethan: WHAT!?!
Mom: No, Ethan, what's your name?
Ethan: Bath!
Mom: Ethan
Ethan: WHAT!?! (now with more frustration)
It reminds me of the "Who's On First" scene.
Anyway, I think one day he'll get it, but for right now, I just laugh when he says "What!?!" to me.






1 comments:
lol... that's cute. Maybe play a game with him where he has to name himself... name mommy, name daddy, name Ella, and then name Ethan?
Post a Comment