Adventures in Hiking
11:04 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
We are still breaking in the new baby backpack, so we've gone hiking almost every weekend since Christmas. Here are a few (ok a lot) of pictures from our excursions.
Enjoy!
These are from the 'other' trail we could have taken on our first hike. We like this one a lot more. Much more scenic.

And a lot more stuff to see! We found these pictographs on the side of the trail. I really don't know if they're authentic, but they're cool anyway.

Charles and his "papoose" Ella!
My Cute Ethan!

This hike is also around the corner from where we live and is a really easy hike, (like a mile round trip) It goes to some dinosaur tracks that you can actually walk on. I really want to take the cub scouts and go "dino hunting".
They were actually hard to find, but after you found one, they started popping out at you!

I think this is the best one we found. That's why it would be "dino hunting" because you actually have to hunt for them. Thanks Jan for the directions to this hike. It was really cool!
Johnson's Arch:
I was REALLY excited to find this hike open. The last time I went on this hike was when I was 12 or 13, then the state closed it because people were destroying the property. So, it's now open seasonally, I think just during the fall and winter. It was a really cool hike though. Charles took tons of pictures. He's very camera happy. Don't worry, I didn't put 1/4 of what he took on here.
This is the actual arch. The hike itself was fairly easy, but harder than the other ones we've been on. I actually made Ethan hold my hand a few times becuase there are some steep drop-offs along the trail.
Eating our snack at the end of the trail, before we go back.
The cliffs were amazing!

Here's a better view of the arch, now that the sun is down.

Charles taking "artistic" pictures. Nice silhouettes, eh?
These are hard to see, but there are a couple of pioneer names on the side of the mountain. They were really big!
So, we will most likely be having more adventures in hiking, and we'll keep you posted of all our adventures!
Enjoy!
These are from the 'other' trail we could have taken on our first hike. We like this one a lot more. Much more scenic.
And a lot more stuff to see! We found these pictographs on the side of the trail. I really don't know if they're authentic, but they're cool anyway.
This hike is also around the corner from where we live and is a really easy hike, (like a mile round trip) It goes to some dinosaur tracks that you can actually walk on. I really want to take the cub scouts and go "dino hunting".
Johnson's Arch:
I was REALLY excited to find this hike open. The last time I went on this hike was when I was 12 or 13, then the state closed it because people were destroying the property. So, it's now open seasonally, I think just during the fall and winter. It was a really cool hike though. Charles took tons of pictures. He's very camera happy. Don't worry, I didn't put 1/4 of what he took on here.
Charles taking "artistic" pictures. Nice silhouettes, eh?
So, we will most likely be having more adventures in hiking, and we'll keep you posted of all our adventures!






0 comments:
Post a Comment