Spring Lieto! Concert 2011
12:30 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
We had our final Lieto! concert of the season at the O.C.Tanner Amphitheater in Zion's National Park. What an amazing place! Beautiful scenery and some great music, (provided by Lieto!). We were invited to do the concert as part of the Dixie College Spring Concert Series. The weather was beautiful and it was such a wonderful experience.
The theme was Americana! So we did a lot of show tunes, and American based music.
We started with the men singing "Seize the Day".

It sounded AMAZING!!
Then we went to the "meat" of the program which was 30 minutes of Cole Porter! It was so much fun!
Group #1

Group #2

And Group #3
And our Awesome percussion section!
What are we all smiling at you wonder...?
Lauretta singing her solo "I've Got You Under My Skin!"
and It's "Too Darn HOT!!" with Mark and Rachel dancing up a storm!

JAZZ HANDS!!! WAHOOO!!!
I think I channeled Gizelle from "Enchanted" right here... I was waiting for some birds to land on my shoulder and a couple of squirrels to come running right up to me
Let's Fall in Love!
Yeah Christin! Anything Goes!!
Second half...Men's number "When I Fall in Love" . It was absolutely wonderful.
The women had a couple of numbers too, but none of the pictures taken were very good.
And the last 4 songs of the evening, Charles (who was taking the pictures) had to go take care of a VERY cranky baby. So he didn't get any except...
...this one. We sang a lot of patriotic numbers at the end.
The concert was amazing and there was a lot of hard work put into it. It was so much fun to do too! I didn't put pictures of all the solos in because not all of them turned out very well, but we had some amazing soloists!
The theme was Americana! So we did a lot of show tunes, and American based music.
Group #2
And Group #3
JAZZ HANDS!!! WAHOOO!!!
The women had a couple of numbers too, but none of the pictures taken were very good.
And the last 4 songs of the evening, Charles (who was taking the pictures) had to go take care of a VERY cranky baby. So he didn't get any except...
The concert was amazing and there was a lot of hard work put into it. It was so much fun to do too! I didn't put pictures of all the solos in because not all of them turned out very well, but we had some amazing soloists!






2 comments:
YAAAAY!!! Thank you so much for posting pictures! Miss you bunches!
Thanks for posting! See ya Tuesday!
Post a Comment