Post Surgery and beyond...
2:49 PM Edit This 3 Comments »The next day, Wednesday we had an interview that morning for a charity telethon that was being broadcast in a couple of months and when we got to Elizabeth's bed she was awake and alert and was going strong on another ventilator test. After the interviewers left, they had her go for another 15 min. I had to and pump. When I came back, they were getting ready to take her off the ventilator!
That first cry after the ventilator came out was like waiting to hear her cry all over again when she was born. It was the most amazing sound ever!
These pictures are a couple of days apart, but once the ventilator was out, she started making a lot more progress. By Friday she got her pacemaker wires (just in case, but they were never used) out, and an IV that went to her heart (in case they needed to get meds there fast) and then I was able to hold her!
They also told us that they would be moving her up to the recovery floor and out of PICU! (I loved all the nurses and staff down there...absolutely amazing people!
Check out her incision! Its healing so well
And daddy got to hold her too!
Moving her on up to 'The Floor'!
Getting comfortable after her move upstairs...
Giving us a cute little gassy smile!
| My Grandma was able to hold her on her way up to Wyoming for a wedding... |
And Grandma Frost got a turn too...
| This is Kellee, she was one of my favorite nurses there... |
| I love her little feet. The light is from the oxygen saturation sensor... |
| Add your own caption... |
Ethan was so excited to hold her. He was practically giddy! I wish I could have gotten how excited he really was on camera!
And Ella got a turn too!
| Grandpa Gough... |
| And Grandma Gough... (who was a complete life saver for three weeks!) |
| I got this picture to show her weight gain progress... |
| Uncle Dustin was up for a Soccer tournament and got to hold Elizabeth. |
All ready to go home!
| Ready to go! |
| Happy mommy and daddy! |
| We didn't get home until late Thursday night, So when Ethan came into our room and saw Elizabeth he was so excited! He wanted her to be home so bad! |
| and Ella gets to hold her too! |
It's been an interesting experience having this baby home. I don't get as much sleep as with other newborns becuase I give her her feed, then I have to pump and by the time that's all over, its been 3 hours and I have to feed her again, and then pump again so my naps are for like 30 min. here and there.
But, we are very grateful to have her home, and doing so well and is so healthy! She has a home health nurse come about once a week, and then we go the her pediatrician once a week, but every time she gets an exam, she has good oxygen, her heart sounds good and her incision is healing nicely. We are so grateful for this little package that has given us such huge blessings. She is a very special little girl and our own miracle baby. Miracles have followed us continually on this path that she's on and we are so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers, sends comfort and especially sends us angels both in this world and out that lifts us to higher planes and brings us so much peace and inspiration.






3 comments:
Rachel it is so good to hear how well Elizabeth is healing. We sure have been praying for her. I am glad she is a fighter!! She is adorable!
Rachel,
I've been following your blog and I am so excited to see that she has made it home! What a sweet blessing in your life. May our Father in Heaven continue to have his hand over your family.
Julie
Wow Rachel. You've been through a lot this past while. I admire your courage. Elizabeth is a beautiful baby. I wish you all the best.
Love Janette
Post a Comment