The House!

10:13 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
There are a lot of pictures...we took a lot of pictures but here are some before and after pictures of the newest member of our family...


The color of the walls in the kitchen...the color itself was really pretty, but there was just too much of it!





I know...nice right?  if it hadn't been for the carpet in the dining room, we would have left the floor the way it was, and just painted...but...anyway...

 The view from our back door...


Getting ready to figure out where we wanted the tile to go...
(notice there is carpet in the dining room...wasn't gonna happen with 4 kids!)


and construction has begun!  Walls were painted back to their original color... and the carpet and floor are ripped up...





 Backer board is in!

 Tile begins...




 and done!  (well not completely...we need to seal the grout and put in a transition between the carpet and tile, but it's livable and we've sure been living on it!

 and the entry way!

A special thanks to all of Charles' family Tangela and Natalie for coming to our rescue!  We couldn't have done it without all the help we got!

And an even more special thanks to my mom and dad...My mom came up to help me pack and clean, and my dad finished the tile while we packed up.  Thank you so much!  You will never know how much all that meant to me!

All I can say is WHAT A RIDE!! I know a lot more about tile than I ever wanted to know, but more especially, I know what to do, what not to do, and how I'd for sure do it different next time.  I got my hands mudded, my knees so sore I didn't know how I'd kneel again, but by doing this we indeed made this house OURS!  (and I can say..."yup, I've laid tile!")



1 comments:

Davenport Family said...

I love your new kitchen! Congrats on the house :)

About Me

Frost Family Faces
View my complete profile