Basement project!
4:37 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
We've been slowly working on a storage room in our basement since September. And now (what we've been working on) is finished!!
So we framed 3 walls in September then it just sat for a while. Mid-October Charles' Dad came and helped wire some plugs for a freezer (and eventual fridge) and hang the sheet rock then we did the taping and sanding (HATED DOING THIS!!!) Then painted....
Then we hung the shelves. Here is where we paused because we decided that maybe it would be better to hang them from the ceiling...which means we'd have to finish the ceiling too. So, we finished part of the ceiling...then, being the woman that I am...I changed my mind and decided I wanted the shelves supported from the floor instead...but hind-site is 20/20 and looking back it's better we did finish the ceiling anyway because we would have had to move everything off the top shelf to eventually do it...so it was better this way.
We finally finished the shelves
(and the walls look awesome too)
but now I had to paint the ceiling too. It was fast, but I didn't like doing it...
And here's the finished product! Eventually there will be a fridge next to the freezer,
And my food storage is finally organized!! With room on the floor under the shelves for camping supplies!
I really enjoyed doing this for the most part. It was fun to work with Charles on a project. I learned a lot about construction I didn't know before. I learned how to use a drill, and a skill saw! It was fun. So, the next project will be to close this off with a wall, and then we'll have it all enclosed with lights and everything. It feels so good to finally have my food storage organized!
So we framed 3 walls in September then it just sat for a while. Mid-October Charles' Dad came and helped wire some plugs for a freezer (and eventual fridge) and hang the sheet rock then we did the taping and sanding (HATED DOING THIS!!!) Then painted....
Then we hung the shelves. Here is where we paused because we decided that maybe it would be better to hang them from the ceiling...which means we'd have to finish the ceiling too. So, we finished part of the ceiling...then, being the woman that I am...I changed my mind and decided I wanted the shelves supported from the floor instead...but hind-site is 20/20 and looking back it's better we did finish the ceiling anyway because we would have had to move everything off the top shelf to eventually do it...so it was better this way.
We finally finished the shelves
(and the walls look awesome too)
but now I had to paint the ceiling too. It was fast, but I didn't like doing it...
And here's the finished product! Eventually there will be a fridge next to the freezer,
And my food storage is finally organized!! With room on the floor under the shelves for camping supplies!
I really enjoyed doing this for the most part. It was fun to work with Charles on a project. I learned a lot about construction I didn't know before. I learned how to use a drill, and a skill saw! It was fun. So, the next project will be to close this off with a wall, and then we'll have it all enclosed with lights and everything. It feels so good to finally have my food storage organized!






0 comments:
Post a Comment