Birthday Weekend!

11:58 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
We had a busy weekend during the second weekend of October. 1st, it was my birthday! Yes, I am now 30 years old. I don't feel different...yet, but I can certainly feel the arthritis and rheumatism sneaking up one me. Ok, just kidding. I don't feel different, but I do feel I've reached the end of an era. I guess I have. Good-bye 20's!

We were up in Sandy during the weekend of the 12th (my Birthday) Charles surprised me by getting off a day early, so we left Thursday morning and just enjoyed ourselves on the way up...no rushing.

Friday, I went shopping with my Mother-in-law. She wanted to get me a birthday present, so we went to Barnes and Noble and I picked out a few books. She knows me very well. I love bookstores! I Chose a set of "Percy Jackson and the Olympians (which I finished too fast!) and "Just Ella" Both very good books. Friday night, after the kids were in bed, Charles and I took off and stayed over night in a hotel. It was so nice! It had a jacuzzi tub and I took a 30 min. bath with TONS of bubbles. Oh I loved it. We had a huge breakfast the next morning.

Saturday we met the kids at Charles' aunts house to get their hair cut. It was Ella's first haircut and SHE DID NOT LIKE IT!!

Ethan went first...
I love this picture. He has an audience. Ethan did well. This was the first time in a couple of years he actually got a hair cut with scissors instead of clippers. As Lucille was cutting around his ear, he jerked and she cut, (and I mean CUT as in SNIPPED) his ear with the scissors. He sat VERY still after that. It wouldn't stop bleeding so he had a huge band-aide on his ear for the rest of the day.


Here's the after picture. He's such a cute little boy. You can kind of see the band-aide on his ear.

Now Ella was a different story. She HATED it! She sat still as long as she was facing forward, but we had to turn her around to get the back and she thrashed and screamed constantly! Poor Lucille, she was so good about it.

Here's a before shot of my little raggedy orphan.



Cutting the bangs. She did ok at this point

Then we turned her around to get the back. You can't see it as well, but her face is Bright red



And After! Doesn't look much different in the picture, but she has bangs, and it's not so frizzy.


After hair cuts, Charles took the kids back to Grandma Frost's house for naps and I went to a bridal shower for my Soon-to-be sister-in-law. That was lots of fun.

And, because it was my birthday, Anita and Becky wanted to take me to lunch. My mom tagged along. When we walked into the restaurant there were Charles, the kids, my dad and brothers, my friend Amy and her family, my Grandpa Arnell, Charles Grandma and Dad and Charles sister and niece. A big surprise, just for me. That was a fun lunch!

After lunch, we booked in back to the Frost house to change becuase Taylor was going through the Salt Lake Temple that evening. Thanks to an awesome mother and sister-in-law who took care of the kids, we had a wonderful time. After the session we had a late dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I'd never been there and it was wonderful!!

We got home late that night and went to bed. Sunday morning, Charles woke up sick! So, he stayed home from Church and went to Instacare. It was just a cold, but he wanted to make sure it wasn't anything more serious.

Then, that afternoon, he surprised me again! He also got Monday and Tuesday off!! So...we stayed up a couple more days and relaxed and had fun. Monday was my birthday, so we all went out to dinner...again...then the girls went shopping (minus Ella) and the boys took the kids home to bed. It was a lot of fun.

Tuesday we came home. It was nice to be home, but sad as well...had to get back to the ol' routine.

I had an amazing birthday. It was one of the most fun birthdays I'd had in a long time thanks to an amazing husband and in-laws!

0 comments:

About Me

Frost Family Faces
View my complete profile