Women's Conference!

7:09 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
My mom, who is the Relief Society President in her ward, arranged to get tickets to the Women's Conference at the end of September.  It was a whirlwind trip for them, but there was a few extra tickets for me and Cynthia and Elora.  I got to spend all day with my mom!  It was so fun and so relaxing.  I loved it!

I got on the Frontrunner in American Fork and met up with mom on Temple square at about 11:00.  I was afraid something would happen so I left earlier than needed, which I'm really glad I did.  The Comicon convention was going on and downtown (and frontrunner and trax) looked like one gigantic costume party!  Costumes of every type.  When I got off the trax at Temple Square...everyone but me turned right (to go to the Salt Palace), I turned left to go to Temple Square.  I got onto Temple Square just a little after the gates opened.  I've never been to Temple Square, in the morning, by myself.  It was so quiet, peaceful and serene.  I just wandered all over for a while just enjoying the quiet then met up with mom about 11:00



 Nobody is around at 10:30 on a Saturday morning on a women's conference weekend...except the weddings of course.

We met up with the group in City Creek and each went out separate ways.  Some to shop, some to get breakfast some to sight see.  Mom and I and Lori (a neighbor) went and wandered a few stores, specifically the Disney Store (I love that store!) then we went to all the visitors centers (no crowds...it was wonderful!!)

We went to the Nauvoo Cafe for Dinner/Lunch with the whole group then got a short tour of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (learned some amazing things!).


From the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building...East and West Views...


Then we changed clothes and headed over to the conference center.  Mom got her new smart phone that day so we did some fun Selfies...






It was such an amazing experience being there.  I loved this day and will hold it my heart and treasure it always.  It's such a rare occasion when I get to spend time with my mom that they are all very special.  This is the most special.  Such an amazing wonderful spirit to go with an amazing wonderful experience.

0 comments:

Archive

About Me

Frost Family Faces
View my complete profile